Banana Walnut Bread (GF, VO)
Happy Friday! Kicking off the weekend with this seriously unbelievable Banana Bread I made with a few leftover brown bananas. Colin says it's his favorite thing i've made so far, so we will put it to the test to see what you think too! It's gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar free, and can easily be made vegan. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 ripe bananas (the more spots the better)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbs ground flax + 6 Tbs water)
- 3 Tbs coconut sugar (can omit for less sweet or completely sugar free)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 Tbs arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Optional (but recommended): 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan (mine was 8.5" x 4.5"). Mash bananas, eggs, coconut oil, and coconut sugar together with a fork or hand mixer (mine turned out a bit chunkier using a fork). Add coconut flour, arrowroot, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt, and mix together well. Transfer to loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes (mine took 55 minutes). Let cool, then slice and enjoy!
**Store in refrigerator for 5-7 days, or in freezer for up to 2 months.