Carrot-Ginger Soup (GF, V)
Cold weather calls for hot, cozy delicious carrot-ginger soup, and this one is ALL of the above. I snagged this recipe from my friend Toby over at Toby's Plate and it will most definitely be my new go-to this Winter season! The carrots give this soup some natural sweetness while the ginger adds a slightly spicy kick, and the coconut milk adds a silky richness to finish it off. I literally had a hard time not eating it all in one sitting.
Hope you enjoy!
8 medium/large carrots, halved and quartered
3 cups vegetable broth (I used bone broth for a gut-healthy alternative)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
¾ cup coconut milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss carrots with avocado oil and a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, or until caramelized and tender.
- Once carrots are almost finished in the oven, melt the coconut oil in a large sauce pan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion, a pinch of salt and cook for about 8 minutes (stirring occasionally) or until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently
- Add the roasted carrots and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Add in coconut milk and stir.
- Blend in a blender or use an immersion blender until smooth. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Optional: garnish with pumpkin seeds
#soup #carrotgingersoup #glutenfree #vegan #easyrecipes #healthyrecipes #guthealthy